Dr. iur. Herbert M. Koch LL.M.
Herbert Maria Koch has a longstanding experience in Commercial and Corporate Law, Intellectual Property Law, Insurance Law, Capital Markets and International Tax Law. In 2016, he got the Swiss diploma “Insurance broker VBV/AFA” and is entitled to offer advice and sell insurance products to individuals and companies as an insurance broker.
His activities include
- Commercial and corporate law advice including dealing with the incorporation of companies and acting as a director on the board of administration;
- Advice in structuring contracts in private law such as but not limited to employment, rental, mandate and cooperation contract;
- Intellectual Property Management and all legal issues relating to copyright, licensing, patent, trademark, design law etc.;
- Insurance and reinsurance Law and the legal support in creating new insurance products and insurance linked securities;
- National and International Tax Law for individuals and corporations:
- Media Law and Privacy Protection Law;
- “PR Law” (legal advise on PR matters, risk and crisis events);
- Marketing and Competition law;
- Migration and working permit issues.
Additional (former) experience
Founder and Senior Consultant at PR-Agency “De Concert Communication” in Zurich (since 2014) (formerly Paris, from 2004-2014)
Founder and President of the International Association of Risk and Crisis Communication, Geneva (2012)
Lecturer at the University Paris IV - Sorbonne (as of 2007 until 2015) and at the School for Engineering: “Ecole Supérieure des Arts et Métiers” in Cluny (as of 2003 until 2015)
Intercultural coach for executives at ALDI, AREVA, BMW, CHANEL, DASSAULT, ESSILOR, HEINEKEN, HERMES, THALES, VOLKSWAGEN BANK (since 2009 until today)
Co-Author of a dictionary of musical, legal and economical terms in the Music Business (2006)
Director Business & Affairs at Sony Entertainment Holding in Berlin (2001-2002) and Bertelsmann in Munich (inter alia contractual negotiations with representatives of Elton John, Annie Lennox, Madonna, Paul Simon, Sting and Tina Turner, 1994-2000), Lawyer at Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft in Hamburg (inter alia contractual negotiations with representatives of Cecilia Bartoli, Leonard Bernstein, José Carreras, Myung Wung Chung, Placido Domingo, Luciano Pavarotti, the Salzburg Festival, Musikverein Vienna and Opera Bastille in Paris; 1990-1993)
Corporate Lawyer in the capital markets department of Swiss Bank Corporation in Zurich (1987-1990)
Corporate Lawyer and international tax counsel at Burckhardt Treuhand & Revision GmbH, Zurich (1984-1986) for the incorporation of corporate headquarters for world renowned companies
Ph.D. University of Salzburg, Salzburg
LL.M. New York University School of Law, New York